Saturday, June 21, 2008

NGK plug cables



Finally decide to change my original plug cables that is from the halfcut when the x-owner convert the engine. I also do some checking on the old plug cables by using the multimeter i bought from http://www.lelong.com.my/. The way i check the cables just measure the resistance of the cable and compare the reference value from my BPT service manual. The 5th cable that connect between the coil and distributor was totally out of spec...that is one of the main reason i decide to change my cables.
Thanks to my friend kk, i get this cables from him with a very attractive price. Although is used but the condition is still very good. Again i check the cables with my multimeter again...not bad, all cable with relatively low ohm :) the most impressive is the 5th cable that is quite long but also maintain very low ohm as claim by NGK.

After the checking is done, the cables now sit nicely in my lantis engine bay now. Installation is straight forward as long as u not mix up the possition.

The first noticeable change is the engine become smoother than before. Hope this cable really will eliminate my jerking problem. :)

No comments: